How much are my assessments to the condominium association for my unit and when are they due?
$840.00 per quarter due by the 1st of January, April, July and October. These figures are subject to change each year when a new budget is adopted. After a ten day grace period there is a $25.00 late charge. Checks are to be payable to Bent Tree Villas East
Payments are to be sent into BB&T Association Services, P.O. Box 628207, Orlando, FL 32862-8207.
The quarterly assessment covers management of your community, landscaping maintenance including fertilization, irrigation, grass cutting, shrubbery and tree trimming on all common areas, maintenance of the canals, clubhouse and pool upkeep, security, street lights, insurance on the exterior of all buildings, water and sewage, and basic cable television. Owners must carry insurance on the contents of their unit, including appliances, cabinets and wall and floor coverings.
What are my voting rights in the condominium association?
Each unit is entitled to one (1) vote. If two (2) or more people own the unit, one (1) of them must be designated as the person entitled to vote. This must be done on a form provided by the association and signed by all owners.
What use restrictions exist in the condominium documents?
- The minimum age requirement to purchase or rent in the association is 55 years or age of one resident.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to reside in the unit.
- No pets are permitted.
- You must own your unit for two years before leasing.
- After the two year requirement, you can only lease your unit one time per year and you cannot lease for less than three months.
- The board of directors must approve all owners and renters.
Am I required to pay rent or land use fees for recreational or other commonly used facilities? If so, how much am I obligated to pay annually?
Is the condominium association or other membership association involved in any court cases in which it may face liability in excess of $100,000?
What are speed limit and parking rules?
All owners, renters and guests are asked to comply with our posted speed limit of fifteen (15) miles per hour and to abide by the parking rules, which include parking on even side of road during the day, no parking in grass, no parking in fire turn around, utilizing your driveways at all times and no overnight street parking. If you are in violation of any of the parking rules, your car will be booted and a $95 charge is needed for boot removal.
How do I get an Estoppel or Condo Questionnaire Completed?
Send in request with payment of $250.00 made payable to Bent Tree Villas East Condo, 4205 Pear Tree Circle, Boynton Beach, FL 33436. Once payment is received, it will be completed and returned within 10 business days. If you need it completed on an expedited basis and delivered within (3) business days after the requested is received, an additional fee of $100.00 shall be charged to expedite the preparation and delivery of the document.
Water Conservation Requirements
Water conservation is important to all members of the BTVE community. Your association pays for all City water that is used by all unit owners. A few simple things to remember:
- If you hear water running but can’t find the source, call the office and our maintenance will check it for you.
- If you have an interior water facet or toilet that is leaking, get them repaired as soon as possible. This is your responsibility.
- If you have a leak under the slab, the Association will repair.
- Shut off your water when leaving the area for a period of time. Your unit’s water shut off is located in the closet in the garage behind the water heater and air conditioner. Please become familiar with this shut off.
- Limit washing your car to one (1) time weekly. Everyday washing is not only not necessary, but very costly to the association.
- Each building is billed individually by the month. We receive 188 invoices plus the office and clubhouse. If your billing shows a high amount of water usage, management will inspect both units to see why this has occurred and advise you of any repairs that are your responsibility.
How do I secure my home when leaving?